Sunday, February 20, 2011

More Fair Isle and Let Them Eat Onions!

Let them eat onions= as I was posting this, Nicholas peeled an onion and he's now eating it- raw.


Still working on the hat. I'm now in fair isle mode, and eventually I'll work my way back to quilting mode. Once you get that spark, you have to embrace it, and trust that you'll return to what you were doing before.

The orange- brown- red zone near the top is just killing me, I love it.





I do really love this hat. The colors are coming out differently than I thought they would. I didn't have all the colors here that the pattern called for, and I can't find this yarn anywhere locally, so I'm working with my stash.

This shot is an 'honesty shot,' which is of the join. This is the hardest part to keep jog- free.
I believe I can make this section indistinguishable once I'm done and I can cheat with some duplicate stitching. :)






And here's a flattering shot. ; ) When it's done, it's going to be wet blocked so there are no wrinkles or puckers anywhere. I got the needles yesterday to cast these on next!







Happy knitting/ quilting/ surviving the winter!

2 comments:

mary jane said...

Gorgeous!!! YOu can fix the join when you weave in the ends. I love love love that top strip too!!!! All your choices are beautiful!

Deborah said...

Exquisite! You are so talented!