Monday, October 25, 2010

Little stitches should fix it.

Momma's heart, I mean.

Nicky, my 6 1/2 year old, is in a special hospital, because the doctors put him on antipsychotics and he had one hell of a bumpy ride with side effects. It's looking like he went through tardive dyskinesia and akathisia. That sucks. No little kid (or adult!) should have to go through that. He's been in the hospital for the past week and he should be there another few weeks. It's 2 hrs away. We have been there almost every day, but we have to take a day off here and there because Tony is acting out a bit, not having his brother here and for the lack of structure to his routine. Now that the med is almost out of his system, he's showing more of his typical behaviors, so they can help him (and us! and the school) with long term behavioral tactics to keep the little guy in line. ;)
We stayed at the RMD house in Portland over the weekend, and we will, ideally, be there this coming weekend, as well, to be near Nicholas. Tony went with us, and he'll go with us again. Nicky doesn't care if I'm there to visit him- well, he hands me books to read repeatedly and he rips them back when I get to the last page- but when I go to leave, he's hysterical.

We will have a happy ending; there is no doubt about that.

Sewing: I have tried a few new-to-me piecing techniques... by hand.

















(It's under the wicked cute cup, guy.)

















I bought the quilt below, pre-kids, when I was in Hawaii. I did NOT make it. I got this in Kauai. Found it in mother's basement a few weeks ago, washed it, and Tony stole it. So after 7 years, Tony finally has a blankie!

















More playing, shamelessly hijacked from Wendy!




It's getting a lot colder here, and I can't have a woodstove in my apartment; so if I'm not visiting my mother or sister, I can light a candle.








xoxo

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Oh, stay warm. So sorry to hear about this, I hope things get better. The little houses are lovely.

Deborah said...

I am so sorry. I admire your work and your attitude.