Wednesday, June 16, 2010

quilt and sew...

I really meant for this to be a pinwheel. I guess, in a way, it still is. I see hourglasses and diamonds, too. I didn't look up a pattern, I just did this from looking at quilts. Eek.

It may be time for me to start using patterns. :) I do hope this baby quilt comes out awesome, though.
















I just spray basted (I love spray basting!) a quilt that isn't quite a twin sized quilt... there was no plan with that one (apparently most people have a plan... ?) but it's going to make a pretty comfy quilt. Of course, I'm hand quilting it. I don't know how you guys machine quilt, I can't do it. I always get the damn thing bunched up in the machine. And I get in 'the zone' when I hand quilt.

(this didn't post yesterday!)

Inside the drawer to one of my favorite little tables is ...something that makes me smile. :)

(No, not the kids. THEY make me smile the most, but they won't fit in the drawer.)




Fibah, bub. I dyed this BFL and I'm 3-plying it into an aran/ bulky weight yarn for woolie pants, mainly used for cloth diapering but also for the most comfy little jammie pants... I miss seeing my boys little piggies sticking out from the bottoms of these! I need to get some merino for Nicky's, he'd always wear the merino ones. Little punk wouldn't wear the fall colored ones I just made for him last winter. Love that kid, he's already super picky about fibers.

These are the little pants... I love the stitch definition. I'm using Heather's Freckle Bottoms pattern. I adore her patterns and she herself is a compassionate, helpful lady. I've tried almost all of the patterns out there over the past 5-6 years and her pants (longies) pattern is my favorite!















Soon to hit the spindles is below... I am thinking about plying the BFL on the right with a black/blue merino... and the one on the left, I'll 3-ply and possibly list on etsy.com.














ok more quilting stuff:












































I am SO glad it's summer vacation. :)
- jess

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You've been busy! Great projects! I don't think you should use a pattern if you don't want to, your work looks great! I can't even imagine machine quilting since I don't even own one.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

OMG Sweetie...
Have youe EVER been busy. Where on earth do you find the time and energy with little ones running about? I can't even muster up the energy and I just have to worry about me and DH most of the time.

I love the little britches. Now they are just out of this world beautiful. The yarn looks so very soft and what little one would not look precious and warm in those? I am so impressed.

Now your quilting projects I have scrolled back and forth to see, what beautiful items you chose. The fabrics, the patterns for piecing, you have a very good eye as my Moma would say. I can only quilt lap projects, I am NO good at anything big at all.

Beautiful post, and beautiful work. I thank you so much for sharing with me today. See you sweetie. Country hugs and much love, Sherry