Monday, February 22, 2010

Spinning change

I got a wheel. Louet S-17 kit, and it has made spinning go a wee bit faster than a spindle. I didn't realize until I sat down to spin last night how much I missed the quiet conversation that goes on between my mind and the spinning fiber, and the wheel. I'm so glad to have that comfort back.
Psst- that's my favorite chair and I used to keep it in Nicky's room, to sit with him as he fell asleep.



















Below: My handspun 2-ply (on a spindle) alpaca/ silk, knit up into the beginnings of an EZ Pi Shawl. This shawl is ...like memory knitting, in a way. As you knit on this shawl, it picks up the events in your life. I've made this one before, and I can remember being at *this* point when *this* happened.















I spindle spun and 2-plied this hand dyed BFL over the summer/ fall, and now the yarn is becoming a pair of just-above-the-ankle socks for me. The blue half-row knitted there is a placeholder for a heel.



















Awww dat Nicky. He stayed home with us today, sick as heck. Puked on my twice. If it happens a third time, ...aww I can't even joke about leaving him outside... I'm a sucker for a sick kiddo.















On the wheel now: Mariner's Revenge, bought on Etsy. It's corriedale, my favorite wool, and I can't wait to make this up into more socks for me! I've knit a few pairs for DH and the kids but only one pair for me.

4 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Those are some big old eyes Nicky has.

jess said...

The better to size you up for the trunk, my dear. :D

Deborah said...

I like your blog's new look!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Jess Sweetie...
Thank you so much for stopping by. I so love company and new friends.

You mentioned my spoons. I just sort of told everyone what I had done, however I forgot to add that I did seal the picture (paper area) with Mod Podge. I use that stuff on everything. I put two coats of that on before I added the glitter edge. It seals the picture. I am going to work on some more, and if I figure out any better or a shortcut I will let you know sweetie.

I pray your little one gets to feeling better. It is so hard when they are sick.

Have a beautiful week sweetie. Country hugs...Sherry