Monday, November 23, 2009

There ain't no easy way out

::fanning self:: Tom Petty. Ooooh yeah. :-D



Mike said it looks like it says Manos. I told Mike he looked like my a... anyway, this is on my blankie. :-D MAMA'S Loves.

















Mama vs. Nicky. Nicholas picked this fabric out a few years back and I made him a blankie. Really simple- front and back is this green print, and the middle was batting. It has been dragged for miles down the street on long walks, and it's been to both of his schools. Already he has the deep love of textiles.

















You be- illin.' I started this blankie after Tony had croup. He was premature, and any sort of lung illness seems to whoop his butt. Nicky had a fever this weekend. Today, I picked up Nicky at noon, and six kids were waiting for their moms because they had a fever. Then, N's teacher asked me to check out T because HE felt warm. So I took him home. He's fine. It must have been boogie fever. Heh. Yes, I'm an idiot like this IRL, too. :)

















I'm only just learning how to use colors, textures, and patterns to reflect how I feel, and who I am. I hope I'm always 'just learning.' Mastery is no fun, because mastery means you're at the end- there is nothing else to learn. Christmas, denim, old traditional patterns; old, worn, but very soft shirts... this is what I feel, and it's what I love. Familiarity, color, structure.

















The background is a remnant from an old, very very worn quilt. The left heart is the back of another worn quilt. The right heart is new fabric.

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Lovely old fabrics. Tom Petty has the greatest face, he is handsome and homely at the same time. And he's witty too.

debbie said...

I WANTED TO TAKE THE TIME TO WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY BLESSED THANKSGIVING. QUILTING IS SOMETHING I WISH I COULD DO BUT I AM USELESS...I LOVE QUILTS.
NOW I LOVE COLOR AND TEXTURE AND PICKING OUT THINGS TO GO TOGETHER BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GOES.
THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT DURING AMY'S ILLNESS AND HER GOING HOME. I MISS HER SO MUCH.
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE

Aimee said...

What a great collection of textiles. You have a lucky little boy!