Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flying Geese

But first: an old curtain. I love it. It is now in my vintage pile- which is old, used, and beautiful. Curtains, pants, shirts, jackets- almost always cotton, but if I love it, I grab it. All free, too!!!


















Flying Geese! This is Paityn's little blankie, and the quilting is about halfway done.

















Oooooh I can't wait to give this to Jamie! (P's mama)

















I got a wild hair you know where and I grabbed some big needles and some handspun yarn... It's a quickie shawl that I can knit while I'm waiting a few mins here and there, and especially at bedtimes, while I'm standing guard upstairs so the kids can't sneak down.


















Purchasing a fat quarter or two when I can, I'm building up a really sweet little FQ stash. I love FQ's. I saw an old quilt in an antique/ 'junk' type shop, and when I get some $$, I'm going to buy it. No batting in that quilt but it still feels like it would be warm. It's a square in a square... kind of.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Looks great!! Love those flying geese!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Jess! I wanted to pop over and say hi. I so love the quilt. Flying geese, and they are so free. The colors are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I also love the other fabric that you found. The blue cotton. It is such a wonderul pattern. It almost looks like Christmas balls when you look at it at first. Please stop by and say hi, I would love to have you visit. Country hugs, Sherry

debbie said...

Dear Jess,
Thank you so much for stopping by. Your work is very pretty...I know just one other quilter and that is a beautiful lady named Michelle from Rosebud Quilting...you would really like her. I have always loved quilts but my sister Sherry (country wings in phoenix) collects quilts and has many of them.
I love the flying geese for many stories I have heard about geese...they are awesome....one because like the swans, they mate for life and if flying and one is wounded, they never leave them alone...one stays with them...too often we desert the very one who is hurting over our own needs.
What a blessing you are to stop by and pray for Amy and me. I hope you will come back...I was going to sign up to follow your blog but I couldn't find a place to join.
angel hugs
debbie