Monday, August 3, 2009

Quilting, Swap Shopping...

Yesterday's cut-off's are today's drink coasters! I don't know why, but this amuses me and I'm going to keep using it. These are from the boys' pants. Oh that mug was a SS find, too. :-D

(SS= Swap Shop)

















Made in Japan. I think it's a drink cooler (you know, you put ice in it) or a planter or something. But it's really cute, and it's hanging out in the kitchen till I know where it's going.
















Glasses. There were four of the birdie ones but something fell out of the pantry and smashed it. My fault.

















Broken Bean Pot. I still love you, Pot. I looked at the inside and the bottom: sure enough, a genuine bean pot.
















There is actually more done on this now... The corners are going to be scalloped... and I'm sure that with #2 son @ school today, I'll be able to get more done. I need to start on a new quilt top, and I really don't know what to do. (Throw ideas at me!) I've actually thought about hand quilting four sections of a twin size quilt separately, but not quilting within an inch of the edge, then sewing the sections together and weaving the batting together. What do you think? Also, I must start on the bags on the most *fabulous* and generous Rachel's site.



- jess

1 comment:

Gail :) said...

I LOVE the bird glasses! So colorfull and retro :)