Friday, August 21, 2009

chinese prints

Nicky graduated from preschool today, and here he is, with his beloved teacher. I love this pic.
















Lovin' these prints... and the way they're coming together. All the colors have a special feel about them. And I love looking at those little human made stitches... definitely not consistent, but cute.
















Needle and thread, my bread and water.
















Hearts, and patches.
















And I felt like messing around. I'm sure you've all played with these pot holder looms at some point in time. This one was $3.00 at Reny's. That's my handspun yarn there. I just zigzagged the yarn across and then I used a crochet hook to weave. Lots of fun. This could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

the quilt is coming out beautifully! Love the weaving too - great idea!

Eva said...

The colors of the weaving are so lovely!