Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jess needs a decent digital camera...

Nicky, this cute little mama's baby love, is screaming right now, because he enjoys screaming. Gah. But I love him and his bed head and his affinity for mama's blankies. Things with him got really really rough over the past few weeks so I haven't had time to blog- just phone calls, considering new evals and meds and more. But he seems to be much more settled now.





















I made this bag for the heck of it last night. The lining is double thick, and I didn't use a pattern. I feel like it came out pretty good. The outer fabric is a Japanese print I got at a local quilting place, to go with some OTHER Japanese prints for a quilt for our bed. Eh. I'll make do with the other prints.















(did you see those little piddies?!!)


I made these last week... 100% handspun. The dark yarn is blue faced leicester (BFL) 2-ply, and the white/ purplish is angora and bfl, both single ply and held together. These are for Nicky.
















These colors! I bought some merino roving online, and I have to look up the name of the place again, but I swear it was Celtic something or other, and I am going to order more. Single ply spun, and knit into Tony mittens, after first being knit as a scarf. The spindle in the back is laying in some local alpaca, that I'm lace spinning two- ply for a shawl.


















...and THIS, which I adore. This here is 2- ply, handspun, angora/ merino. I am thinking about ordering some more tonight, but I'm trying not to shop much right now since DH just got laid off. ; ) (But he also bought a $2 scratcher ticket for the heck of it and he won $100 earlier so maybe his luck is turning around? lol) Please note my most fabulous bobbin holder there. :-D The pattern is called flaming lace...
















Oh and I have been machine quilting Tony's coin quilt. I really prefer hand quilting, but I don't have a frame and it's too steamy to have a blanket on me to quilt it up. But it should be on his bed soon. Poor kid took a digger earlier, and he's got a nice 3" bump on his head that should look BEAUTIFUL by tomorrow. He tripped over the bean bag and took the edge of the coffee table head on. Haha. Seriously, I think he recovered faster than I did.

4 comments:

Gail :) said...

Wow You have been busy! Hope they got everything figured out med/eval wise. I just started machine quilting and I DO NOT LIKE IT. I have my great grandmas quilt frames and I am thinking of digging them out of the basement and making a place for them. We will see. Good to see you blogging :)

Sherry said...

you've been a busy woman! I know thinking about meds is a hard thing but sometimes it is just what is needed. Kat had to go that route and C is much better now.

Love the yarn! Love the knitting! Nicky is absolutely adorable!

Sarah and Jack said...

The angora lace is really beautiful.

Aimee said...

You have been busy! Love the bag, and the knits are wonderful. The rainbow variagated is too cute, and the lace is sooo pretty! hope his head feels better soon!