Monday, May 4, 2009

Unchain me sister... love is with your brother...

---Cry Little Sister, but from which movie?


Finished the other quilt- I'll get an action shot at some point- it's in the car.

So, onto pinky the quilt. I love it. This is the most precise quilt I've made and I have plenty of boo boos in it. And I LOVE the boo boos because that's the way I am. Perfection is all fine and good, but so is a repaired seam. It tells a story. The story is that I'm a horse's ass who should have accepted all the free quilting lessons she could get!

















I love hand quilting. I am averaging 9-10 sts/" most of the time, unless I am going through a seam... this time, I'm doing bubbles.















Tony made a cute lil pic. I am completely in love with the little feet.

















Fabrics I got for the next quilt: all I need now is some medium brown, and I am going to do the coin quilt I saw on Moda, or flying geese, for Tony's bed.












I cannot get a pic of this quilt that does it justice. Looks depressing. But this is the Civil War quilt, rolled over so you can see the back of it (blue and reddish brown). I'm going to do a wavy stipple curly kinda deal for the handquilting on it.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow - you have been busy! Love the quilts - those squares are so tiny! Your hand quilting is gorgeous.

Sherry said...

I absolutely LOVE Tony's picture! You are one busy woman. Your quilts are gorgeous!

Gail :) said...

Pinky the quilt is gorgeous!!! I have my great grandma's quilt rack, for handquilting. I need to get it out and start using it. She taught me how to sew, quilt, and everything domestic! We used to play under the quilts she and my great aunt were quilting on that very rack. Sweet Memories ;) All of your quilts are absolutely perfect!

Mrs. Doodle said...

are you seriously hand quilting. OMG! You crazy talented and patient.