Friday, March 13, 2009

Jess, you skeet...

Time for a new post.

Gena, this is your shortsies. Doesn't look like much is done, but I just cast on this morning. They will go fast, despite the needle size. While I love this yarn, I probably won't use it for soaker knitting again... it's thick enough to be perfect; thin enough to be flexible so the kiddos can move... but I really love *working* with thicker yarn. But this is pure therapy... the colors came out perfect, imo.
















I -adore- this yarn. I dyed and spun it. No, I don't have an ego, I just love how it all worked out. And how the picture came out. This is going to be a newborn soaker or pants, I'll check the yardage on it later. I am buying some more BFL tomorrow in Bath for more dyeing, spinning, and knitting.















Right now, #2 son is....... grr, so I am going to give him pizza, and whisk him swiftly to bed. It's our time to cuddle, and end the night with smiles and love, despite the occasional hell he puts me through, lol. Reminds me of how much I do love the little bug. (he has moderate to severe autism) But he just tried to clean up a huge mess he made, and pour his own drink... and my oldest finally addressed me as 'mom' instead of 'hey babes...' man, what a great night! (and Mike is getting me pad thai with tofu, extra veggies, 1 star spicy... and fried spring rolls... damn. :o)

If you can laugh, and you can love, and you can remember not to take yourself too seriously, you will be happy your whole life. Not to get preachy, of course!

(still no quilting!)

Oh, and I am doing the frame work for my own little online business. It's very beta right now- I still need a shopping cart and some tweaks- but it should be up within a week! I'll be selling soakers, pants, lunchbags, and the occasional baby blankie and baby quilt.

1 comment:

Gena said...

I LOVE them!!! I can't wait to see them when they are done!!!