Friday, January 23, 2009

Son of a...

I can't get my camera to take close-up pics. In fact, ALL the pics are blurry, and the lens is clean. I don't know what to do. Friend of mine offered to take a pic so I will do that at some point, unless Mike knows what to do.
Sigh.
I was going to show off that I managed to, fairly consistently, hand quilt at 10 sts/". I was told I probably wouldn't be able to do it... I was told that most people can't. I seriously doubt that. I am obsessed with intricate work- lace knitting on size 2's, spinning fine yarns... for me, it's an amusing challenge. So what does all this mean? Absolutely nothing, except that I managed to prove to myself that I can do anything if I want it enough. And I prefer how stitches look @ 6 sts/".

This weekend, I think we're going to work on measurements with cooking, starting a new big boy book that I read to them, and I am off today to find a winter craft project we can do. T and I will work on reading. The hard part with him is that he WILL. NOT. FOCUS. I hate to say it, but I am considering meds with him. We've tried years of therapy and the focusing issue is just getting worse. His behavior, in my opinion, is great, well except that he can't focus and he has a ton of energy. The had part of being a parent is having to consider doing things you previously thought were wrong... because you have to do what is right for your kids. It's kind of a paradox of parenting.

Please hope I can get the damn camera to work!!!

No comments: